What's Newtown like?
In Newtown, you can spend time visit the entertainment venues, theatre scene and live music. You'll find a selection of coffee shops and bars in the neighbourhood. Take in some culture at Enmore Theatre and Brett Whiteley Studio Museum. There's plenty more to see, including King Street and Camperdown Cemetery.
How to get to Newtown
Newtown is located 2.6 mi (4.2 km) from the heart of Sydney.
- Sydney Airport (SYD), 2.8 mi (4.5 km) from Newtown
Things to see and do in and around Newtown
What to see in Newtown
- University of Sydney
- Camperdown Cemetery
Things to do in Newtown
- Enmore Theatre
- King Street
- Brett Whiteley Studio Museum
When is the best time to visit Sydney?
- Hottest months: January, February, March, December (average 21°C)
- Coldest months: July, June, August, May (average 13°C)
- Rainiest months: April, March, May, July (average 127 mm of rainfall)