What's Surry Hills like?
There are lots of things that visitors like about Surry Hills, especially its shops. Make sure that you enjoy this family-friendly neighbourhood's great restaurants and cafes. Take time to see places such as Crown Street and Belvoir Street Theatre while you're here. There's plenty more to see, including Ray Hughes Gallery and Brett Whitley Studio.
How to get to Surry Hills
Surry Hills is located 1.3 mi (2.1 km) from the heart of Sydney.
- Sydney Airport (SYD), 4.3 mi (6.9 km) from Surry Hills
Things to see and do in and around Surry Hills
Things to see near Surry Hills:
- Circular Quay (1.8 mi/2.8 km away)
- Sydney Opera House (1.9 mi/3.1 km away)
- Central Park (0.6 mi/1 km away)
- University of Technology Sydney (0.6 mi/1 km away)
- Sydney Cricket Ground (0.8 mi/1.3 km away)
Things to do in Surry Hills
- Crown Street
- Belvoir Street Theatre
- Ray Hughes Gallery
- Brett Whitley Studio
- Object Gallery
When is the best time to visit Sydney?
- Hottest months: January, February, March, December (average 21°C)
- Coldest months: July, June, August, May (average 13°C)
- Rainiest months: April, March, May, June (average 126 mm of rainfall)