What's Urca like?
If you're looking for the perfect area to explore, why not consider Urca? Nature lovers can visit Sugar Loaf Mountain and Guanabara Bay. There's plenty more to see, including Vermelha Beach and Sugarloaf Cable Car.
How to get to Urca
Urca is located 3.2 mi (5.1 km) from the heart of Rio de Janeiro.
- Rio de Janeiro International Airport (GIG), 11 mi (17.7 km) from Urca
- Rio de Janeiro (SDU-Santos Dumont), 2.7 mi (4.3 km) from Urca
Things to see and do in and around Urca
What to see in Urca
- Sugar Loaf Mountain
- Vermelha Beach
- Guanabara Bay
- Urca Beach
- Praia de Dentro
Things to do near Urca:
- Rio Sul Shopping Mall (1.1 mi/1.7 km away)
- Rua Barata Ribeiro (1.3 mi/2.1 km away)
- Avenida Atlantica (1.8 mi/2.9 km away)
- Museum of Modern Art (2.6 mi/4.2 km away)
- Copacabana Fort (3.1 mi/4.9 km away)
When is the best time to visit Rio de Janeiro?
- Hottest months: February, January, March, December (average 27°C)
- Coldest months: July, June, August, September (average 22°C)
- Rainiest months: January, December, March, February (average 170 mm of rainfall)