What's Jacarepagua like?
If you want to find the perfect area to explore, why not visit Jacarepagua? Nature lovers can visit Tijuca Lake and Tijuca National Park. There's plenty more to see, including Olympic Park and Shopping Metropolitano Barra.
How to get to Jacarepagua
Jacarepagua is located 14.2 mi (22.8 km) from the heart of Rio de Janeiro.
- Rio de Janeiro International Airport (GIG), 14.1 mi (22.7 km) from Jacarepagua
- Rio de Janeiro (SDU-Santos Dumont), 14.8 mi (23.8 km) from Jacarepagua
Things to see and do in and around Jacarepagua
What to see in Jacarepagua
- Olympic Park
- RioCentro Convention Center
- Tijuca Lake
- Tijuca National Park
- Morro do Pinheiro
Things to do near Jacarepagua:
- Shopping Metropolitano Barra (1.2 mi/1.9 km away)
- Rio Design Barra (2.3 mi/3.7 km away)
- Barra Shopping Mall (2.9 mi/4.7 km away)
- KM de Vantagens Hall (2 mi/3.3 km away)
- Olympic Golf Course (2.5 mi/4.1 km away)
When is the best time to visit Rio de Janeiro?
- Hottest months: February, January, March, December (average 27°C)
- Coldest months: July, June, August, September (average 22°C)
- Rainiest months: January, December, March, February (average 170 mm of rainfall)