What's Vanier like?
If you're looking for the perfect area to explore, consider Vanier. Visit places such as Canada Aviation and Space Museum and Byward Market Square when you venture just outside the neighbourhood. Rideau Centre and St. Laurent Centre are two places to visit nearby.
How to get to Vanier
Vanier is located 2.4 mi (3.9 km) from the heart of Ottawa.
- Ottawa International Airport (YOW), 8.3 mi (13.3 km) from Vanier
Things to see and do in and around Vanier
Things to see near Vanier:
- University of Ottawa (1.7 mi/2.8 km away)
- Shaw Centre (2 mi/3.1 km away)
- Parliament Building (2.2 mi/3.6 km away)
- Parliament Hill (2.2 mi/3.6 km away)
- Rideau Canal (2.9 mi/4.6 km away)
Things to do near Vanier:
- Canada Aviation and Space Museum (1.4 mi/2.2 km away)
- Byward Market Square (1.8 mi/3 km away)
- Rideau Centre (1.9 mi/3.1 km away)
- St. Laurent Centre (1.9 mi/3.1 km away)
- National Gallery of Canada (2 mi/3.2 km away)
When is the best time to visit Ottawa?
- Hottest months: July, August, June, September (average 18°C)
- Coldest months: January, February, December, March (average -7°C)
- Rainiest months: July, August, September, June (average 87 mm of rainfall)