What's Trastevere like?
Visitors really like Trastevere, especially its historical sites and picturesque gardens. Enjoy the neighbourhood's river views and cafes. While you're here, you can spend a relaxing day at Botanical Gardens and Janiculum Hill. There's plenty more to see, including Basilica of Santa Maria in Trastevere and Ponte Sisto.
How to get to Trastevere
Trastevere is located 1.1 mi (1.8 km) from the heart of Rome.
- Rome (FCO-Fiumicino - Leonardo da Vinci Intl.), 12.9 mi (20.8 km) from Trastevere
- Ciampino Airport (CIA), 8.9 mi (14.4 km) from Trastevere
Things to see and do in and around Trastevere
What to see in Trastevere
- Basilica of Santa Maria in Trastevere
- Ponte Sisto
- Botanical Gardens
- Villa Farnesina
- Janiculum Hill
Things to do near Trastevere:
- Galleria Nazionale di Palazzo Corsini (0.2 mi/0.4 km away)
- Trevi Fountain (1.1 mi/1.8 km away)
- Vatican Museums (1.3 mi/2.1 km away)
- Porta Portese Market (0.6 mi/0.9 km away)
- Roman Jewish Ghetto (0.6 mi/0.9 km away)
Other popular Trastevere attractions
- Passeggiata del Gianicolo
- Tiber Island
- Santa Cecilia in Trastevere
- San Pietro in Montorio
- Fontana dell'Acqua Paola
When is the best time to visit Rome?