What's West Melbourne like?
There are lots of things that visitors like about West Melbourne, especially its shops. You'll find a selection of cafes and restaurants in the neighbourhood. Take time to see places such as Flagstaff Gardens and Festival Hall while you're here. Crown Casino and Entertainment Complex and Queen Victoria Market are a couple of popular sights nearby.
How to get to West Melbourne
West Melbourne is located 2 mi (3.2 km) from the heart of Melbourne.
- Melbourne Airport (MEL), 10.5 mi (16.9 km) from West Melbourne
- Melbourne, VIC (MEB-Essendon), 5.8 mi (9.4 km) from West Melbourne
- Melbourne, VIC (AVV-Avalon), 28.9 mi (46.5 km) from West Melbourne
Things to see and do in and around West Melbourne
Things to see near West Melbourne:
- Flagstaff Gardens (1.6 mi/2.6 km away)
- Melbourne Cricket Ground (3.2 mi/5.1 km away)
- Marvel Stadium (1.2 mi/2 km away)
- Flemington Racecourse (1.8 mi/2.8 km away)
- Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre (1.9 mi/3.1 km away)
Things to do near West Melbourne:
- Festival Hall (1.2 mi/1.9 km away)
- Crown Casino and Entertainment Complex (2 mi/3.2 km away)
- Queen Victoria Market (1.8 mi/2.9 km away)
- Melbourne Central (2.1 mi/3.3 km away)
- The District Docklands (0.8 mi/1.3 km away)
When is the best time to visit Melbourne?
- Hottest months: February, January, March, December (average 18°C)
- Coldest months: July, June, August, September (average 10°C)
- Rainiest months: June, May, January, February (average 29 mm of rainfall)