What's Southwest Minneapolis like?
If you're looking for the perfect part of town to visit, why not consider Southwest Minneapolis? Nature lovers can visit Lake Harriet and Chain of Lakes. There's plenty more to see, including Lake Harriet Band Shell and Lake Harriet Southeast Beach.
How to get to Southwest Minneapolis
Southwest Minneapolis is located 4.5 mi (7.2 km) from the heart of Minneapolis.
- Minneapolis, MN (MSP-Minneapolis - St. Paul Intl.), 4.9 mi (7.9 km) from Southwest Minneapolis
- Minneapolis, MN (FCM-Flying Cloud), 9.5 mi (15.4 km) from Southwest Minneapolis
- St. Paul, MN (STP-St. Paul Downtown), 11.6 mi (18.6 km) from Southwest Minneapolis
Things to see and do in and around Southwest Minneapolis
What to see in Southwest Minneapolis
- Lake Harriet
- Chain of Lakes
- Lake Harriet Southeast Beach
- Lyndale Park
- Lake Harriet North Beach
Things to do in Southwest Minneapolis
- Lake Harriet Band Shell
- Minnesota Streetcar Museum
- Museum of Russian Art
When is the best time to visit Minneapolis?
- Hottest months: July, June, August, September (average 21°C)
- Coldest months: January, February, December, March (average -5°C)
- Rainiest months: August, June, July, May (average 101 mm of rainfall)