What's Uptown like?
People go to Uptown to see attractions such as American Museum of Natural History and to explore its green spaces such as Central Park.
Metropolitan Museum of Art and Lincoln Center are a couple of popular sights that will definitely leave an impression.
How to get to Uptown
Uptown is located 1.8 mi (2.8 km) from the heart of New York.
- John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK), 13.3 mi (21.5 km) from Uptown
- Newark, NJ (EWR-Liberty Intl.), 12.5 mi (20.2 km) from Uptown
- LaGuardia Airport (LGA), 5 mi (8 km) from Uptown
Getting to Uptown on the metro
Stations in the neighbourhood include:
- 81 St. - Museum of Natural History Station
- 77 St. Station (Lexington Av.)
- 72 St. Station (Central Park West)
Things to see and do in and around Uptown
What to see in Uptown
- Central Park
- Roosevelt Island
- Belvedere Castle
- 92nd Street Y
- Juilliard School
Things to do in Uptown
- Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Lincoln Center
- American Museum of Natural History
- Madison Avenue
- Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum
Other popular Uptown attractions
- Central Park Zoo
- Beacon Theater
- Metropolitan Opera House
- Hayden Planetarium
- Frick Collection