What's South Down Shores like?
If you're looking for the perfect area to explore, consider South Down Shores. Nature lovers can visit Paugus Bay. Lake Winnipesaukee is one not-to-be-missed sight nearby.
How to get to South Down Shores
South Down Shores is located 3.3 mi (5.4 km) from the heart of Laconia.
- Laconia, NH (LCI-Laconia Municipal), 2.4 mi (3.9 km) from South Down Shores
- Concord, NH (CON-Concord Municipal), 25.6 mi (41.2 km) from South Down Shores
Things to see and do in and around South Down Shores
Things to see near South Down Shores:
- Paugus Bay (0.6 mi/1 km away)
- Ahern State Park (1.8 mi/2.9 km away)
- Endicott Rock Park (2.1 mi/3.4 km away)
- Weirs Beach (2.2 mi/3.6 km away)
- Opechee Park Cove Beach and Opechee Point Beach (2.7 mi/4.4 km away)
Things to do near South Down Shores:
- Winnipesaukee Scenic Railroad (2.3 mi/3.7 km away)
- Funspot Family Fun Center (2.6 mi/4.1 km away)
- Bank of New Hampshire Pavilion at Meadowbrook (3.1 mi/5 km away)
- Bolduc Park (3.3 mi/5.4 km away)
- Winnipesaukee Playhouse (4.6 mi/7.4 km away)
When is the best time to visit Laconia?
- Hottest months: July, August, June, September (average 20°C)
- Coldest months: January, February, December, March (average -3°C)
- Rainiest months: October, June, July, November (average 108 mm of rainfall)