What's Fort MacArthur like?
If you want to find the perfect part of the city to explore, consider Fort MacArthur. Take time to see places such as Cabrillo Beach and Palos Verdes Peninsula while you're here. There's plenty more to see, including Cabrillo Marine Aquarium and Korean Bell of Friendship.
How to get to Fort MacArthur
Fort MacArthur is located 1.7 mi (2.8 km) from the heart of San Pedro.
- Los Angeles Intl. (LAX), 17.3 mi (27.8 km) from Fort MacArthur
- Long Beach, CA (LGB-Long Beach Municipal), 11 mi (17.7 km) from Fort MacArthur
- Orange County, CA (SNA-John Wayne), 24.6 mi (39.7 km) from Fort MacArthur
Things to see and do in and around Fort MacArthur
What to see in Fort MacArthur
- Cabrillo Beach
- Palos Verdes Peninsula
- Korean Bell of Friendship
- Angels Gate Park
- Point Fermin Park
Things to do in Fort MacArthur
- Cabrillo Marine Aquarium
- Fort MacArthur Museum
When is the best time to visit San Pedro?
- Hottest months: August, September, July, October (average 20°C)
- Coldest months: December, January, February, November (average 14°C)
- Rainiest months: February, January, March, December (average 72 mm of rainfall)