What's Kijitonyama like?
If you're in search of the perfect part of the city to explore, why not visit Kijitonyama? Visit places such as Makumbusho Village and Mlimani City when you venture just outside the neighbourhood. The Slipway and Coco Beach are a couple of places to see nearby.
How to get to Kijitonyama
Kijitonyama is located 4.5 mi (7.2 km) from the heart of Dar es Salaam.
- Dar es Salaam (DAR-Julius Nyerere Intl.), 6.4 mi (10.3 km) from Kijitonyama
Things to see and do in and around Kijitonyama
Things to see near Kijitonyama:
- Coco Beach (3.3 mi/5.3 km away)
- Mbezi Beach (4 mi/6.4 km away)
- Julius Nyerere International Conference Centre (4.5 mi/7.2 km away)
- Zanzibar Ferry Terminal (4.7 mi/7.5 km away)
- University of Dar es Salaam (2.2 mi/3.5 km away)
Things to do near Kijitonyama:
- Makumbusho Village (0.7 mi/1.1 km away)
- Mlimani City (1.1 mi/1.8 km away)
- The Slipway (3.1 mi/5 km away)
- Kariakoo Market (3.9 mi/6.3 km away)
- Mwenge Carvers Market (0.9 mi/1.5 km away)
When is the best time to visit Dar es Salaam?
- Hottest months: March, December, February, November (average 29°C)
- Coldest months: July, August, June, September (average 26°C)
- Rainiest months: April, March, May, December (average 235 mm of rainfall)