What's Chinatown like?
If you're looking for the perfect part of town to visit, look no further than Chinatown. Places such as National Theater and Plaza de la Cultura are just a little farther away. Jade Museum and National Museum of Costa Rica are a couple of places to see nearby.
How to get to Chinatown
Chinatown is located 0.4 mi (0.6 km) from the heart of San José.
- San Jose (SJO-Juan Santamaria Intl.), 10 mi (16.1 km) from Chinatown
- San Jose (SYQ-Tobias Bolanos Intl.), 4.7 mi (7.6 km) from Chinatown
Things to see and do in and around Chinatown
Things to see near Chinatown:
- Plaza de la Cultura (0.3 mi/0.4 km away)
- San Jose Cathedral (0.3 mi/0.5 km away)
- Central Park (0.4 mi/0.6 km away)
- Morazan Park (0.4 mi/0.6 km away)
- National Park (0.4 mi/0.7 km away)
Things to do near Chinatown:
- National Theater (0.2 mi/0.4 km away)
- Jade Museum (0.3 mi/0.4 km away)
- National Museum of Costa Rica (0.3 mi/0.5 km away)
- San Pedro Mall (1.3 mi/2.1 km away)
- Museum of Costa Rican Art (1.7 mi/2.7 km away)
When is the best time to visit San José?
- Hottest months: April, May, March, June (average 23°C)
- Coldest months: January, February, December, November (average 21°C)
- Rainiest months: October, September, June, August (average 297 mm of rainfall)