What's Fort like?
While in Fort, you can spend time at the historical sites. Learn about local heritage at landmarks such as Dutch Hospital Shopping Precinct and Old Parliament Building. There's plenty more to see, including Bally's Casino and Colombo World Trade Center.
How to get to Fort
Fort is located 2.1 mi (3.3 km) from the heart of Colombo.
- Colombo (CMB-Bandaranaike Intl.), 16.5 mi (26.6 km) from Fort
Things to see and do in and around Fort
What to see in Fort
- Colombo World Trade Center
- Sambodhi Chaitiya
- Colombo Lighthouse
- Bank of Ceylon Tower
- Old Parliament Building
Things to do in Fort
- Bally's Casino
- Dutch Hospital Shopping Precinct
When is the best time to visit Colombo?
- Hottest months: March, April, February, May (average 28°C)
- Coldest months: January, February, December, November (average 27°C)
- Rainiest months: July, August, June, November (average 228 mm of rainfall)