What's Kigamboni like?
If you're looking for the perfect part of the city to explore, why not visit Kigamboni? Take time to see places such as Kijiji Beach and Kipepeo Beach while you're here. Port of Dar es Salaam and Zanzibar Ferry Terminal are a couple of places to see nearby.
How to get to Kigamboni
Kigamboni is located 2.7 mi (4.4 km) from the heart of Dar es Salaam.
- Dar es Salaam (DAR-Julius Nyerere Intl.), 8.2 mi (13.3 km) from Kigamboni
Things to see and do in and around Kigamboni
What to see in Kigamboni
- Kijiji Beach
- Kipepeo Beach
Things to do near Kigamboni:
- Kariakoo Market (3.4 mi/5.4 km away)
- National Museum of Tanzania (2.3 mi/3.7 km away)
- Ilala Market (4.1 mi/6.5 km away)
- Kivukoni Fish Market (1.8 mi/2.8 km away)
- Dar es Salaam Botanical Gardens (2.3 mi/3.8 km away)
When is the best time to visit Dar es Salaam?
- Hottest months: February, March, January, December (average 27°C)
- Coldest months: July, August, September, June (average 24°C)
- Rainiest months: April, May, November, January (average 95 mm of rainfall)