What's Hvar Old Town like?
Visitors speak favourably about all that Hvar Old Town has to offer, including its waterfront. Enjoy the neighbourhood's ocean views and bars. Learn about local heritage at landmarks such as Bishop’s Palace and Hvar Public Theater. There's plenty more to see, including Hvar Town Arsenal and Port of Hvar.
How to get to Hvar Old Town
- Split (SPU), 26.2 mi (42.2 km) from Hvar Old Town
- Brac Island (BWK), 14.4 mi (23.1 km) from Hvar Old Town
Things to see and do in and around Hvar Old Town
What to see in Hvar Old Town
- Hvar Town Arsenal
- Port of Hvar
- St Stephen's Square
- Bishop’s Palace
- Benedictine Monastery
Things to do in Hvar Old Town
- Hvar Public Theater
- Franciscan Monastery and Heritage Museum
Other popular Hvar Old Town attractions
- St Stephen's Cathedral
- Hvar Loggia
- Stari Grad Plain
When is the best time to visit Hvar?
- Hottest months: July, August, June, September (average 24°C)
- Coldest months: January, February, December, March (average 9°C)
- Rainiest months: September, October, November, December (average 89 mm of rainfall)