What's La California like?
In La California, you can spend time exploring the museums, coffee shops and shops. You'll find a selection of restaurants in the neighbourhood. Places such as National Park and National Museum of Costa Rica are just a little farther away. Jade Museum and Morazan Park are two places to visit nearby.
How to get to La California
La California is located 0.8 mi (1.3 km) from the heart of San José.
- San José (SJO-Juan Santamaría Intl.), 10.4 mi (16.7 km) from La California
- San José (SYQ-Tobías Bolaños Intl.), 5.2 mi (8.3 km) from La California
Things to see and do in and around La California
Things to see near La California:
- National Park (0.3 mi/0.4 km away)
- Morazan Park (0.6 mi/0.9 km away)
- Plaza de la Cultura (0.6 mi/1 km away)
- San Jose Cathedral (0.8 mi/1.3 km away)
- Central Park (0.8 mi/1.3 km away)
Things to do near La California:
- National Museum of Costa Rica (0.3 mi/0.5 km away)
- Jade Museum (0.3 mi/0.6 km away)
- National Theater (0.6 mi/1 km away)
- San Pedro Mall (0.8 mi/1.2 km away)
- Museum of Costa Rican Art (2.1 mi/3.5 km away)
When is the best time to visit San José?
- Hottest months: April, May, March, June (average 23°C)
- Coldest months: January, February, December, November (average 21°C)
- Rainiest months: October, September, June, August (average 297 mm of rainfall)