I don't usually write reviews, but I felt compelled to do so this time. As for the good, the woman at the front desk was friendly and helpful. The room was large and spacious and the bathroom seemed clean enough. There were no bedbugs.
With that said, the rest was atrocious. My bed was horrible. It was like sleeping on a chain link fence covered by a sheet, no exaggeration. You could feel and grab onto every coil and they hurt. The padding was completely worn away. The other bed was ok. The pillows were literally inch thick. There were cigarette burns on the bed spread and holes in the sheets and blanket. The hallways smelled like must and cigarettes. Lots of water on the bathroom floor, but couldn't find its source. The heater/air-conditioning unit was loud, much like all units of this age. The motor lodge needs a big upgrade.
I wasn't expecting much after reading previous reviews, but it was conveniently located near the marina, where we had to be in the early morning, so I disregarded the comments and took a chance. Bad idea. I will never stay again and advise you to stay away.