This was my 2nd stay at Jazz Corner, this time for a planned 7 nights for the Avalon Airshow. Problems included:
* Was told I had to take two lifts to get to my room. Later in my stay I found a far easier way to get there via one lift.
* Key didn't work first time I went to my room, had to take the two lifts back down with all my luggage, no apologies offered, just a shrug and a quick key re-program.
* Had an unknown 'beep' every 60 secs in my room on afternoon of day 2, I told reception as I went out for the evening, got back around 9pm and it was still there. Was told maintenance had gone home and hotel was full so I couldn't move rooms. No solution offered, just two drink vouchers. I had two hours sleep that night!
* Beep was still there the next afternoon, spoke to FO Mgr who eventually diagnosed it as the dishwasher beeping. FO Mgr offered free parking for just one night as compensation!
* Reception entered my room without knocking as I was watching TV on day 2. I asked about it, and they apologised saying they were showing a room to a potential guest and hadn't checked if it was vacant. No service recovery offered. This is dreadful!
* Parking is terrible - space wasn't guaranteed, $40/night & had to pay for it immediately, couldn't be added to my account.
* I checked out a day early but, despite all of the above, I was charged for the seventh night anyway.