What's Maribyrnong like?
If you're in search of the perfect part of the city to explore, why not consider Maribyrnong? Take time to see places such as Highpoint Shopping Centre and Frog's Hollow Wetlands while you're here. Popular sights worth seeing in the larger area include Queen Victoria Market and Melbourne Central.
How to get to Maribyrnong
Maribyrnong is located 4.9 mi (8 km) from the heart of Melbourne.
- Melbourne Airport (MEL), 7.4 mi (11.9 km) from Maribyrnong
- Melbourne, VIC (MEB-Essendon), 3.2 mi (5.1 km) from Maribyrnong
- Melbourne, VIC (AVV-Avalon), 28.6 mi (46.1 km) from Maribyrnong
Things to see and do in and around Maribyrnong
Things to see near Maribyrnong:
- Frog's Hollow Wetlands (0.6 mi/1 km away)
- Flemington Racecourse (1.5 mi/2.4 km away)
- University of Melbourne (4.3 mi/7 km away)
- Marvel Stadium (4.4 mi/7.1 km away)
- Flagstaff Gardens (4.5 mi/7.2 km away)
Things to do near Maribyrnong:
- Highpoint Shopping Centre (0.1 mi/0.1 km away)
- Queen Victoria Market (4.5 mi/7.2 km away)
- Melbourne Central (4.9 mi/7.9 km away)
- Melbourne Zoo (3.7 mi/5.9 km away)
- Lygon Street (4.8 mi/7.7 km away)
When is the best time to visit Melbourne?
- Hottest months: February, January, March, December (average 18°C)
- Coldest months: July, June, August, September (average 10°C)
- Rainiest months: June, May, January, February (average 29 mm of rainfall)