What's Montenegro like?
While in Montenegro, you can simply enjoy the coffee shops and bars. Enjoy fun activities in the neighbourhood such as swimming.
Beachcombers can spend the day at Faro Island Beach when the weather is nice. There's plenty more to see, including Ria Formosa Natural Park and Barrinha.
How to get to Montenegro
Montenegro is located 2.2 mi (3.5 km) from the heart of Faro.
- Faro (FAO-Faro Intl.), 0.3 mi (0.5 km) from Montenegro
Things to see and do in and around Montenegro
What to see in Montenegro
- Faro Island Beach
- University of Algarve
- Ria Formosa Natural Park
Things to do near Montenegro:
- Forum Algarve Mall (1.4 mi/2.3 km away)
- Faro Municipal Theater (1.4 mi/2.3 km away)
- A Companhia de Teatro do Algarve (2.1 mi/3.4 km away)
- San Lorenzo Golf Club (2.3 mi/3.8 km away)
- Faro Jewish Heritage Centre (2.4 mi/3.8 km away)
When is the best time to visit Faro?
- Hottest months: July, August, September, June (average 23°C)
- Coldest months: January, February, December, March (average 13°C)
- Rainiest months: November, December, October, April (average 87 mm of rainfall)