What's Stanwell like?
There are lots of things that visitors like about Stanwell, especially its restaurants. You'll find a selection of bars in the neighbourhood. Top places in the larger area to visit include Twickenham Stadium and Windsor Castle. Hampton Court Palace and LEGOLAND® Windsor are a couple of popular sights nearby.
How to get to Stanwell
Stanwell is located 1.7 mi (2.7 km) from the heart of Staines.
- Heathrow Airport (LHR), 1.6 mi (2.6 km) from Stanwell
- Gatwick Airport (LGW), 24.5 mi (39.4 km) from Stanwell
- London (LCY-London City), 22.8 mi (36.6 km) from Stanwell
Things to see and do in and around Stanwell
Things to see near Stanwell:
- Stockley Park (4.1 mi/6.7 km away)
- Royal Holloway, University of London (4.3 mi/7 km away)
- Kempton Racecourse (3.7 mi/6 km away)
- Runnymede (4.1 mi/6.6 km away)
- Bedfont Lakes Country Park (1.4 mi/2.2 km away)
Things to do near Stanwell:
- Thorpe Park (3.8 mi/6.2 km away)
- London Motor Museum (4 mi/6.5 km away)
- Chertsey Museum (4.4 mi/7 km away)
- Paul Robeson Theatre (4.8 mi/7.8 km away)
When is the best time to visit Staines?
- Hottest months: July, August, June, September (average 16°C)
- Coldest months: January, February, March, December (average 5°C)
- Rainiest months: November, August, July, October (average 58 mm of rainfall)