What's Parktown like?
In Parktown, you can spend time visiting the gardens or simply enjoy the restaurants. Take in some culture at Linda Auditorium and Adler Museum of Medicine. Johannesburg Zoo and South African Museum of Military History are a couple of places to see nearby.
How to get to Parktown
Parktown is located 1.7 mi (2.7 km) from the heart of Johannesburg.
- Johannesburg (JNB-O.R. Tambo Intl.), 12.5 mi (20.2 km) from Parktown
- Johannesburg (HLA-Lanseria), 18.3 mi (29.4 km) from Parktown
Things to see and do in and around Parktown
Things to see near Parktown:
- University of Witwatersrand (0.9 mi/1.5 km away)
- Carlton Centre (1.9 mi/3 km away)
- Ellis Park Stadium (1.9 mi/3.1 km away)
- University of Johannesburg (2.4 mi/3.8 km away)
- Constitution Hill (0.8 mi/1.4 km away)
Things to do in Parktown
- Linda Auditorium
- Adler Museum of Medicine
When is the best time to visit Johannesburg?
- Hottest months: January, February, December, November (average 19°C)
- Coldest months: June, July, May, August (average 10°C)
- Rainiest months: December, January, February, November (average 92 mm of rainfall)