What's South Launceston like?
In South Launceston, you can spend time visiting the spas or simply enjoy the bars. You'll find a selection of restaurants in the neighbourhood. Places such as Brisbane Street Mall and Princess Theatre are just a little farther away. Launceston Aquatic Centre and Silverdome are a couple of places to see nearby.
How to get to South Launceston
South Launceston is located 1.3 mi (2.1 km) from the heart of Launceston.
- Launceston, TAS (LST), 6.8 mi (10.9 km) from South Launceston
Things to see and do in and around South Launceston
Things to see near South Launceston:
- Silverdome (1.5 mi/2.4 km away)
- Royal Park (1.6 mi/2.6 km away)
- City Park (1.6 mi/2.6 km away)
- Cataract Gorge (1.7 mi/2.7 km away)
- University of Tasmania Stadium (2.1 mi/3.3 km away)
Things to do near South Launceston:
- Brisbane Street Mall (1.4 mi/2.2 km away)
- Princess Theatre (1.4 mi/2.3 km away)
- Launceston Aquatic Centre (1.5 mi/2.4 km away)
- Penny Royal Adventures (1.5 mi/2.5 km away)
- Country Club Tasmania (3 mi/4.9 km away)
When is the best time to visit Launceston?
- Hottest months: January, February, December, March (average 16°C)
- Coldest months: July, June, August, May (average 8°C)
- Rainiest months: July, August, September, June (average 70 mm of rainfall)