What's Ocean Beach like?
There are lots of things that visitors like about Ocean Beach, especially its shops and beach access. Make sure that you enjoy this walkable neighbourhood's great restaurants and bars. Take time to see places such as Ocean Beach Pier and Dog Beach while you're here. There's plenty more to see, including Ocean Beach Park and Ocean Beach Athletic Area.
How to get to Ocean Beach
Ocean Beach is located 5.5 mi (8.9 km) from the heart of San Diego.
- San Diego, CA (SAN-San Diego Intl.), 3.2 mi (5.1 km) from Ocean Beach
- San Diego, CA (MYF-Montgomery Field), 7.6 mi (12.2 km) from Ocean Beach
- San Diego, CA (SEE-Gillespie Field), 16.8 mi (27 km) from Ocean Beach
Things to see and do in and around Ocean Beach
What to see in Ocean Beach
- Ocean Beach Pier
- Dog Beach
- Ocean Beach Park
Things to do near Ocean Beach:
- Ocean Beach Athletic Area (0.6 mi/1 km away)
- Hotel Circle (4.4 mi/7 km away)
- USS Midway Museum (5 mi/8 km away)
- Belmont Park (1.6 mi/2.5 km away)
- Maritime Museum of San Diego (4.8 mi/7.7 km away)
When is the best time to visit San Diego?
- Hottest months: August, September, July, October (average 21°C)
- Coldest months: December, January, February, November (average 15°C)
- Rainiest months: February, January, March, December (average 48 mm of rainfall)