What's Desamparados like?
If you're looking for the perfect part of the city to explore, why not visit Desamparados? Places to visit such as City Mall and Ojo de Agua Spa Park are not far away. Plaza Real Cariari and Estadio Alejandro Morera Soto are two places to visit nearby.
How to get to Desamparados
Desamparados is located 2.2 mi (3.5 km) from the heart of Alajuela.
- San Jose (SJO-Juan Santamaria Intl.), 2.5 mi (4 km) from Desamparados
- San Jose (SYQ-Tobias Bolanos Intl.), 5.7 mi (9.2 km) from Desamparados
Things to see and do in and around Desamparados
Things to see near Desamparados:
- Ojo de Agua Spa Park (3.1 mi/4.9 km away)
- Estadio Alejandro Morera Soto (1.7 mi/2.7 km away)
- Alajuela Cathedral (2.1 mi/3.4 km away)
- Costa Rica Convention Center (4.2 mi/6.8 km away)
- Palace of Sports (Palacio de los Deportes) (4.7 mi/7.5 km away)
Things to do near Desamparados:
- City Mall (2.3 mi/3.8 km away)
- Plaza Real Cariari (3.6 mi/5.8 km away)
- Central Market Alajuela (2.3 mi/3.6 km away)
- Oxígeno Human Playground (4.3 mi/6.9 km away)
- Cafe Britt Coffee Farm (4.5 mi/7.2 km away)
When is the best time to visit Alajuela?
- Hottest months: April, May, March, June (average 23°C)
- Coldest months: January, February, December, November (average 21°C)
- Rainiest months: October, September, June, August (average 297 mm of rainfall)