What's Maboneng Precinct like?
There are lots of things that visitors like about Maboneng Precinct, especially its shops. Enjoy the neighbourhood's museums and art scene. Take time to see places such as Museum of African Design and POPArt Theatre while you're here. Ellis Park Stadium and Carlton Centre are a couple of places to see nearby.
How to get to Maboneng Precinct
Maboneng Precinct is located 1.2 mi (1.9 km) from the heart of Johannesburg.
- Johannesburg (JNB-O.R. Tambo Intl.), 11.8 mi (18.9 km) from Maboneng Precinct
- Johannesburg (HLA-Lanseria), 20.4 mi (32.8 km) from Maboneng Precinct
Things to see and do in and around Maboneng Precinct
Things to see near Maboneng Precinct:
- Museum of African Design (0.1 mi/0.1 km away)
- Ellis Park Stadium (0.4 mi/0.6 km away)
- Carlton Centre (0.8 mi/1.3 km away)
- University of Witwatersrand (2.3 mi/3.7 km away)
- University of Johannesburg (4 mi/6.4 km away)
Things to do near Maboneng Precinct:
- POPArt Theatre (0.1 mi/0.1 km away)
- Museum Africa (1.7 mi/2.8 km away)
- Newtown Junction Mall (1.7 mi/2.8 km away)
- Johannesburg Zoo (2.7 mi/4.4 km away)
- South African Museum of Military History (3 mi/4.8 km away)
When is the best time to visit Johannesburg?
- Hottest months: January, February, December, November (average 19°C)
- Coldest months: June, July, May, August (average 10°C)
- Rainiest months: December, January, February, November (average 92 mm of rainfall)